This plan helps to focus on nutrient-dense foods and eliminates common food triggers, with this meal plan I have helped clients reduce flare-up symptoms, including fatigue, weakness, and joint pain.
This food plan has been designed to support people experiencing signs and symptoms of an under-active thyroid. The meals in this recipe pack are designed to provide variety and choice, however they help to encourage:
- At least 5-7 portions of fruits and vegetables daily
- The consumption of regular protein, the building blocks of thyroid hormones
- A blood sugar balancing diet
- Eating at regular intervals (3 meals plus 1-2 snacks daily)
- Increased consumption of omega 3 and iron to produce thyroid hormone T4
- Increased consumption of magnesium, B vitamins and zinc, all involved in the production of Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Increased consumption of iodine and selenium – both required for the thyroid hormones T4 and T3 and more importantly, the conversion of T4 to T3, the active form of thyroid hormone that the body uses.
- Increased vitamin C, helping to draw iodine to the thyroid gland
- Increased vitamin A which binds T3 to their receptors for optimal function