The Queen of Health Recipes
Specialising in Nutrition, Health, Weight Loss & Wellbeing
-2 tsp curry powder
-1 1/2 cups dry green lentils, rinsed
-1 cup plain Greek yogurt
-1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
-4 small sweet potatoes
-Pinch each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
-2 tsp coconut oil
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 cup organic veggie stock
• Peel sweet potatoes and bring to the boil in a saucepan (until tender), drain and place to the side.
• In a large saucepan heat oil on medium-high, Add curry powder and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
• Add lentils to saucepan and stir to coat. Stir in veggie stock and 3 cups cold water; bring to a boil.
• Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender and most liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
• Divide evenly among serving bowls, add sweet potatoes, season to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish each with yogurt and 2 tbsp. coriander. (NOTE: if lentils are
still hard after 30 minutes, add 1/2 cup more water and continue to cook until softened.)
Eat yourself Beautiful E-Book
Italian Chickpea, Tomato and Veggie Soup
This is a filling and nutritious lunch or supper dish; serve with a couple of oatcakes lightly buttered or with a thin spreading of hummus. The vegetables in this dish provide a good quantity of the A,C,E anti-oxidants.
175g chickpeas (canned or soaked overnight if using dried)
• 1tsp olive oil
• 1 large red onion sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1 tin chopped tomatoes
• 1tsp dried herbs
• 500g courgettes sliced into rings
• 125g peas or french beans
• 1tbs chopped parsley
1. Simmer the chickpeas in water until soft, Skim off any froth that rises, drain and keep the cooking water for later
2. Gently fry the onion, garlic until the onion begins to colour and soften.
3. Reduce the heat and add the tomatoes stirring together for a minute or two.
4. Add the chickpeas, dried herbs, courgettes and enough cooking liquid from the chickpeas to cover, simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the peas or French beans together with the parsley and continue cooking until the vegetables and chickpeas are soft but retain some bite.
6. Season with ground black pepper and a little low-salt if required, scatter with chopped parsley and serve.