Griddled Chicken with Greek Salad
- 225g quinoa
- 25g butter
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g chicken mini fillets
- 1½tbsp olive oil
- 300g vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
- handful pitted black Kalamata olives
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- small bunch mint leaves, chopped
- juice and zest ½ of lemon
Cook the quinoa in boiling water for 12 mins, then rinse in cold water and drain thoroughly. Meanwhile, mix butter, chilli and garlic into a paste.
Toss the chicken fillets in 2 tsp of olive oil with some salt and pepper.
Lay chicken in a hot griddle pan (or frying pan) and cook for 3—4 mins each side or until cooked well.
Transfer to a plate, dot with the spicy butter and set aside to melt.
Next, tip the tomatoes, olives, onion, feta and mint into a bowl.
Toss in the cooked quinoa.
Stir through the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and season well.
Serve with the chicken fillets on top, drizzled with any buttery chicken juices.