This is my all time favourite soup. It really hits the spot when you are feeling tired and lacking energy.
Its packed with anti viral and anti bacterial nutrients to fight off all those nasties!!
It is my go to for a quick, easy and nutrient dense lunch, it has everything to keep you full and satisfied.
It is one of the amazing recipes on my 5 Day Detox Challenge. A Challenge to get you focused and ack on track with your health & wellness. I call it my Nutrition Make-Over fix.
Find out more about my challenge here 5 Day Detox Challenge
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2-3)
● 1tbsp coconut oil
● 1 large onion, chopped
● 1 clove garlic
● 2 sticks celery, chopped
● 1 medium leek, sliced
● 1 medium carrot
● 200g tin chopped tomatoes
● 1tsp dried mixed herbs or 1 handful fresh finely chopped parsley
● 200g (dry weight) brown or green lentils
● 1litre (1.75pints) vegetable stock
● freshly ground black pepper
● fresh coriander to garnish
● Heat the oil and a splash of water in a large, lidded pan and steam fry the onion, celery, leek and garlic over a medium heat, turning frequently, until soft and transparent – about 8 minutes
● Add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine
● Bring to a simmer, then turn the heat down and put the lid on
● Cook for 30 mins or so until the lentils and all the vegetables are tender
● Leave to cool slightly, then transfer half of the soup to an electric blender and blend until smooth
● Return the blended soup to the pan, stir well to combine and reheat and serve
● Sprinkle with fresh coriander